In it’s simplicity, my friend, Ted Lowe gives some very sound advice. I know this blog helped remind me that, if done right, “marriage is easier than you think.” Which one of these actions will you choose this week?
I hear over and over, “Marriage is so complicated.” After 20 years of working with couples, I say over and over, “Marriage is easier than you think.”
Practice one of these tiny things for a week and let us know what happens.
- Be nice.
- Don’t say everything you think.
- Pick up after yourself.
- Don’t mention your spouse’s messiness.
- Hug your spouse without the goal of initiating sex.
- Don’t get frustrated with your spouse’s mistakes.
- Ask your spouse how they are doing.
- Don’t be on your phone during mealtime.
- Look at your spouse’s face when they are talking.
- Laugh at your spouse’s humor whether it’s funny or not.
- Leave your spouse a Post-It® note of gratitude.
- Do a chore your spouse dislikes.