Positive Benefits of the Empty Nest
Here is a short list of benefits of the empty nest compiled from our focus groups. Undoubtedly you will be able to add many more to it:
- You can revive romance.
- Your kids come back to visit, and you can schedule regular times to connect.
- It’s easier to get a good night’s sleep.
- You have more time, and your time is your own.
- Your home is cleaner and more well organized.
- You can create new routines and new rules.
- You can move forward with things that were on the back burner.
- You can take more trips.
- You can make plans without smaller kids in the picture.
- You can enjoy your grandchildren and then hand them back.
- You can rediscover an old passion or interest.
- You can find rest more easily and invigorate your soul.
- You can spend more time with friends and family.
- You can spend more time in community involvement.
What would you add?